Wednesday 11 March 2009

Its been ANOTHER week.

The last week has been SO busy that I haven't had the opportunity to do my favourite thing in the whole world, which is, to write, about ME, obviously. 

So it's the end of a VERY long Wednesday. I got in this morning at about 5am from a surprisingly successful night out at Funky Buddha, for a young man named George's 30th. I was awoken about two hours later, on my brothers sofa, still completely intoxicated, to take Vera Lily to school. 

The joy of children is so intense that they are the only people in the world that can make you do THE MOST STUPID things- this morning was no exception, if anything the fact that I was still a little tipsy added to my foolishness. 

So I make Vera-Lily (who is my 4 year old niece, by the way) a pack-lunch, some breakfast, I get her washed and dressed, suited and booted and all wrapped up and ready to face the world. We walk out the house, I have her lunch box and book bag in one hand, and her tiny little hand in the other. 

We skip across the road and begin to discuss her birthday, which is this month, we're having a 'Mr Maker' party- a day of d.i.y. activities, paintings and drawings etc... obviously excited by this prospect we both decide that 8.30 am, in the middle of Brockley, is the perfect time to start singing. LOUD. 'The Sun Has Got His Hat On' was definitely my favourite from our little rendition. Then to the races, every lamp post, bus stop and tree was a finish line, and I had absolutely no choice but to join in, shouting and waving my arms around in delight as builders and mothers alike looked on in horror. Vera-Lily kindly let me win one race, shouting after me 'you can do it Holly, see how fast you can go!'.

We then got to the park, which we have to walk through to get the V.L's school, its up a steep hill and then down an even steeper one. On the way up Vera-Lily fearlessly picked up worms off the tarmac in order to return them to their muddy homes. We reached the top of the hill, and decided (wrongly, I suspect) that we could see the sea, parts of Paris and my house- none of the above seemed likely, but if you were there you would've been convinced of it too. 

We then ran, top speed, down the other side of the hill, giggling madly and screaming as loudly as possible on the way down- surly teenagers and irritable old age pensioners moving out of our way in shock. Vera-Lily beat me, of course. 

We got to school, late, the trips activities had set us back fifteen minutes, but it was the most fun I'd had in FOREVER, and have decided that taking yourself seriously is crap and rubbish and boring. 

I wish Vera-Lily didn't have school, and then me and her could just hang out and save worms everyday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment