Wednesday 4 February 2009

OH MY GOD I'M SINGLE, AND SATISFIED. (SWEAR DOWN)...

Are you single? If so, are you satisfied?...LOL- This sounds like some corny dating website, but it is a genuine question. 

I am single, so very, definitely and completely single- and I'm happy. I think. Although, most of the world try and convince me that I am in desperate need of  a man (or a woman, as my mother delicately suggested the other day...) but I swear down, the Independence of being single is something I thank the Lord for everyday.

Obviously, there are days when the companionship of a 'boyfriend' type might be thought after, wistfully, but it is a genuine rarity. My girls, a couple of them, not mentioning any names, want a man. They seem so believe that a relationship will make the days warmer, the nights longer, the credit-crunch less affecting and the job hunt less tedious (AS IF). 
I feel like that sometimes, I do...but its usually about a Chanel handbag or a pair of Manolo stiletto's, and almost never about a 
man. 

Am I weird? Or just Independent? And does that Independence subconsciously transverse into Loneliness? 

How many people do we know at our age- (early 20's), who are in the middle of a successful and positive relationship? My good friend Ayden and his wonderful girlfriend Colette are on to a winner.... anyone else? I'm at a loss to think of any...please correct me if I'm wrong....

The image bellow is totally unrelated to the literature above, but it's one of my favourite photo's of all time. 
It was Princess Shantel's 21st birthday, and we all had to dress in white. 
In Chronological order, from left to write, Shantel, Betty, Me (Holly), Jennie, Steph, Helen and Steph

x Fabulous Friends Forever x


No comments:

Post a Comment