Monday 16 February 2009

* VALENTINE WEEKENDER *

So it's been a week since my last post---> I better make this one worthwhile, eh?!

So this week has been an interesting one, a flurry of parties, arguments and therapy. 

I figure I'll focus on the fun stuff...

It was Phoenix Omani's birthday party on Friday, which was held at Flex. Flex is famed to be the new Departure, the E3 that won't get shut down, the Temple Rooms that wasn't reminiscent of an underground hideout. Unfortunately the fame which precedes it is not accurate. The place is like a dirty creche. The bouncers clearly don't I.D. anyone, I was the oldest in there by nearly 10 years (if only I was exaggerating...), the toilets were unbelievable- in fact the whole club was- as though it had been rotting in the pits of Dagenham for a thousand years.

Luckily many a wonderful person was there, the birthday girl herself who looked very beautiful and sassy  in a purple and orange get up. Partner in Crime Miss. Iorfa also showed up, new look intact- IMAGINE- Jennie's one of these people who can go home, pick up a razor, hack at her long tresses and still look totally Fabulous. Co-Dizzle in chief, all shirt and tied up, wearing a pair of very nice (and clearly underestimated) shoes, and just Bossin' as usual. Jonathon, who got 'tipsy' and then sat on his berry game brick-breaker, because, apparently, it sobers you up. C.E.O, official BOSS, and Splash general Naf, as well as a variety of other special guest. Hold tight Sonic, Feedback Vampire who only comes out at night and only when there is a full moon...& officially the funniest couple alive Laura and Michelle. 

It Was Jokes ---> Good Company Goes A Long Way.
Saturday was Valentine's day. Did I spend the evening at a romantic restaurant with a potential suitor? - NO, of course not. 

I went to a party instead- Pillow Talk, Brixton Hill, the PLACE to be? Not so much... Again a case of being so bloody lucky that the company around me were all so fabulous I still had a good night. It was kind of like being in my sitting room, in the dark, with my good friends and a couple of random strangers who had stumbled in by accident- and we were all far too polite to ask them to leave. 

At about 2.30 AM we called it a night, we being, Little Steph, Helen, New Addition to our FABO team Charlotte, Duane, Ryan and me, obviously. We made our way to Morleys, thinking that the evening couldn't be considered a total loss if it was finished off with chicken. 

We jumped on the bus (the walk from Brixton Hill, to actual Brixton isn't one any of us fancied) and soon arrived outside Morley's, only to be faced by the scariest band of nine year old's I've ever seen in my life, about 20 of them, I swear. Anyway, 6 of us, between the ages of 21 and 24, grown men and women, stopped, in our tracks like 'oh hell no, we're not even on it'- I genuinely think there was a small part of us that considered not going into the chicken shop at all. Anyway, we manned up, shoulders back, head held high, we bowled tru and made it into the chicken shop ALIVE! (just about..) 

Once we had eaten our meal, which can be considered nothing less than gourmet, the boys and girls split- the ladies getting in a cab, the men disappearing into the night like some batman parody. 

And so came the end of the worst ever raving weekend. Same time next week? I doubt it. 
RAMMED!! (not...) 

1 comment:

  1. LOL u give me jokes, im actually picturing some savage children who are hungry for chicken with nashers n all. LMAO

    ReplyDelete